The annual Kansas Farm Bureau (KFB) Photo Contest is hosted by the state Young Farmers & Ranchers (YF&R) Committee. The contest is open to any amateur photographer who is a Farm Bureau® member of any county in Kansas.
- First place in each category - $300
- Second place in each category - $150
- People’s Choice - $250
- Farm Bureau Proud – photos that include a Farm Bureau or YF&R logo somewhere in the picture.
- From the Ashes – photos that show the perseverance the Kansas farmer and regrowth after the impact of fire. (Regrowth photos may be from the effects of controlled burning or wildfire.)
- Home on the Range – from sunrise to sunset and east to west, Kansas is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Show us the view that makes you love calling this state your home.
- Thriving Rural – from the legacy built by previous generations to the future we see in our children, these photos capture the people and places that make small town living great.
- Photos may only be submitted by the original photographer.
- To be considered an “amateur,” the photographer may not receive any income from photography.
- The photographer must be an associate or voting member of Kansas Farm Bureau.
- All four categories of the contest are open to photographers of all ages.
- Employees of Farm Bureau, its affiliated companies, and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- Photos in the contest cannot have been, and may not be, entered in any other contest, including but not limited to 4-H, FFA, etc.
- Please follow these farm safety guidelines when submitting photos to the contest. Any photo showing compromising farm safety images will not be allowed in the contest.
- All photos must be submitted in JPG format by upload.
- Participants may submit up to one photo in each of the four categories.
- Photos will be judged on the use of angle, lighting, balance, color, contrast, viewpoint and technical ability.
- Kansas Farm Bureau reserves the right to disqualify photos for any reason.
- Finalists will be notified by email.
- All photos become the property of Kansas Farm Bureau.
The top two winning entries from each category will be notified by email. Those photos will be displayed at the KFB Annual Meeting in December and posted on the KFB website. The top two finalists from each category will move on to the People’s Choice competition. The People’s Choice winner will be decided by attendees of the Kansas Farm Bureau Annual Meeting.
Kansas Farm Bureau may, without offering any consideration to or obtaining the permission of its submitter, use any such photograph for any purpose, such as publishing in Kansas Living and/or Farm Leader Letter, posting it on KFB’s website, reproducing it for Farm Bureau use, or selling it as a fundraiser.
DEADLINE: Entries must be received by 11:59 pm on October 1.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org