Kansas Farm Bureau (KFB) recognizes the importance of providing resources at the chapter level. The purpose of the KFB Community Grant Program is to encourage and stimulate projects between the local FFA chapter and county Farm Bureau association. Kansas Farm Bureau will award a total of $5,000 in grant monies (up to $500 for a selected FFA chapter) to those who collaborate with their county Farm Bureau association in the planning, coordinating, and the implementation of an agricultural related program. The program must promote, but is not limited to, leadership and agricultural based initiatives.
The Project Should
- Promote agriculture and the importance of the industry to Kansas.
- Include new and innovative ideas and methods of accomplishing the desired objectives.
- Include community support and involvement.
- Promote collaboration between local FFA chapters and county Farm Bureau associations.
- Promote Kansas Farm Bureau, county Farm Bureau associations, and the local FFA chapter.
- Applications must be submitted by the local FFA president or advisor.
- The online application will require responses to the following:
- Chapter Contact Information
- Past Grant Recipient Years
- Proposed Project Description
- FFA/Farm Bureau Collaboration Opportunities
- Anticipated Community Impact
- New or Innovative Project Elements
- Project Timeline
- Signed Letter of Support from County Farm Bureau President
- Following the project's completion, chapters will be required to provide a narrative of how the funds were used and provide feedback to local county Farm Bureau associations and the Kansas FFA Foundation.
Selection and Award Process
- Completed grant application must be submitted through the online form by May 1, 2018.
- All applications will be reviewed by the Kansas FFA Foundation and Kansas Farm Bureau.
- Local FFA chapters and county Farm Bureau associations will be notified of their application selection outcome and recognized during the Kansas FFA Convention, May 30-June 1, 2018.
- Projects and grant activity reports must be completed and information forwarded to the Kansas FFA Foundation by March 15, 2019.
Questions can be directed to Beth Gaines, Kansas FFA Foundation Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or KFB at email@example.com.