Students should understand where the food they consume is produced and the health benefits associated with it. By using this instruction kit, the breakdown of a cheeseburger is used to illustrate the different food groups, where they are produced, and how they benefit your body.
Design your own Agriculture Education program today! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fabric Cheeseburger & Teacher's Guide (burger pictured above)
- Each District Administrator has a fabric cheeseburger you can borrow.
Kansas teaching standards for Did You Know We Grow Cheeseburgers in Kansas?
Standards for Grades K-2
Standard 1: Science as Inquiry
- Benchmark 1: The student will be involved in activities that develop skills necessary to conduct scientific inquiries.
- Indicator 4: The student asks and answers questions about objects, organisms, and events in his/her environment.
Standard 3: Life Science
- Benchmark 1: The student will develop an understanding of the characteristics of living things.
- Indicator 1: The student discusses that organisms live only in environments in which their needs can be met.
- Indicator 4: The student examines the structures/parts of living things.
Standard: 6 Science in Personal and Environmental Perspectives
- Benchmark 1: The student will demonstrate responsibility for their own health.
- Indicator 2: The student discusses healthy foods.
Questions? Contact the Agriculture Education Division at 785/587-6150.