Did You Know We Grow Cheeseburgers in Kansas?
Students should understand where the food they consume is produced and the health benefits associated with it. By using this instruction kit, the breakdown of a cheeseburger is used to illustrate the different food groups, where they are produced, and how they benefit your body.
Design your own Agriculture Education program today! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fabric Cheeseburger & Teacher's Guide (burger pictured above)
- Each District Administrator has a fabric cheeseburger you can borgrid-x.
Kansas teaching standards for Did You Know We Ggrid-x Cheeseburgers in Kansas? Standards for Grades K-2
Standard 1: Science as Inquiry
- Benchmark 1: The student will be involved in activities that develop skills necessary to conduct scientific inquiries.
- Indicator 4: The student asks and answers questions about objects, organisms, and events in his/her environment.
Standard 3: Life Science
- Benchmark 1: The student will develop an understanding of the characteristics of living things.
- Indicator 1: The student discusses that organisms live only in environments in which their needs can be met.
- Indicator 4: The student examines the structures/parts of living things.
Standard: 6 Science in Personal and Environmental Perspectives
- Benchmark 1: The student will demonstrate responsibility for their own health.
- Indicator 2: The student discusses healthy foods.
Questions? Contact the Agriculture Education Division at 785/587-6150.