This kit has many different resources to help students understand how agriculture is part of much of their day to day activities. Also included, is a video field trip that tours farms and ranches throughout the United States. These field trips show how materials for food and clothing are produced.
Design your own Agriculture Education program today! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ten Things Kids Want to Know About Farming Online Video and Teacher's Guide
Kansas teaching standards for Ten Things Kids Want to Know About Farming
Standards for Grades K-2
Standard 1: Science as Inquiry
- Benchmark 1: The student will be involved in activities that develop skills necessary to conduct scientific inquiries.
- Indicator 4: The student asks and answers questions about objects, organisms, and events in his/her environment.
- Indicator 5: The student describes an observation orally or pictorially.
Standard 3: Life Science
- Benchmark 1: The student will develop an understanding of the characteristics of living things.
- Indicator 1: The student discusses that organisms live only in environments in which their needs can be met.
Standard 5: Science and Technology
- Benchmark 1: The student will use technology to learn about the world around them.
- Indicator 1: The student explores the way things work.
Standard 7: History and Nature of Science
- Benchmark 1: The student will know they practice science.
- Indicator 2: The student uses technology to learn about people in science.
Questions? Contact the Agriculture Education Division at 785/587-6150.