Celebrate KFB Teacher Appreciation Week May 4-8
Teacher Appreciation Day is May 5th (or ANY day!)
Show your teachers appreciation for all that they do! Here are some ideas:
- Encourage teachers to apply for the
Foundation for Agriculture Excellence in Teaching Grants as well as the
KFB Foundation for Agriculture Excellence in Teaching Regional Awards
- The Excellence in Teaching Grant is awarded to exemplary teachers who integrate agriculture into their classroom lessons and curriculum. Agriculture is an important part of everyone’s life. Clothing, food, fuel, housing, medicine and much more are rooted in agriculture. Agriculture has no subject matter boundaries and can be a part of social studies, language arts, science, math, environmental education, art, music or in a combination of areas that effectively integrate key agricultural principles.
- Put together an appreciation basket
- Excellence in Teaching Grant info for the basket
- Slice of Soil lesson for teachers
- Make a treat. Here are a few ideas:
- Write a simple note or card of appreciation
- Write a letter to the editor of your local paper
- Other related sources with ideas:
Showing appreciation to your communities educators is a good investment in your school system and county Farm Bureau.
It's also a great way to get to know the teachers and encourage cooperation to provide Ag Education resources. KFB realizes that teachers and agriculture play integral parts in ensuring positive and healthy lives for future generations.
KFB also encourages working together to improve the public’s knowledge about the importance of agriculture,
and the role it plays in our quality of life.
Questions? Contact the Agriculture Education Division at 785/587-6150.