Real Property

Real Property

Adverse Possession

Helpful publications on adverse possession in Kansas

Applicable Laws


Helpful publications on annexation issues in Kansas

Conservation Easements

Helpful publications on conservation easements

Applicable Laws

  • Kansas has adopted the Uniform Conservation Easement Act at K.S.A. 58-3810, et seq. These statutes can be viewed at the Kansas Revisor of Statutes website here.

Eminent Domain

Helpful publications on eminent domain

Fence Law

Helpful publications on Kansas fence law

Applicable laws

Land Leases

Helpful publications on Kansas ag leases

Applicable laws

  • K.S.A. 58-2506. Termination of farm or pastureland tenancy; notice.   
  • K.S.A. 58-2506a.  Termination of farm tenancies; landlord’s liability for certain substances and services provided by tenant.  

Helpful publications on cell tower leases

Helpful publications on oil and gas leases

Lead-Based Paint (Residential Disclosures)

Helpful publications on Lead-Based Paint

Applicable laws

Pipeline Easements

Helpful publications on pipeline easements


Applicable laws

  • The recreational trails act, KSA 58-3211 et seq., available from the Kansas Revisor of Statutes website.
  • K.S.A. 66-525, the Kansas statute governing railroad right-of-way abandonment, available on the Kansas Revisor of Statutes website.

Helpful publications on Rails-to-Trails

Helpful websites on Rails-to-Trails issues

  • To view maps of abandoned and railbanked rail lines, visit the Surface Transportation Board’s Railroad Map Depot.
  • The federal agency with authority to regulate railroads is the Surface Transportation Board. They have information about abandonment and railbanking in the public information section of their website.

Water Law

Click Here to go to Water Law, located in the "Environment" section