Helpful publications on adverse possession in Kansas
Helpful publications on annexation issues in Kansas
Helpful publications on conservation easements
Helpful publications on eminent domain
Helpful publications on Kansas fence law
Helpful publications on Kansas ag leases
- K.S.A. 58-2506. Termination of farm or pastureland tenancy; notice.
- K.S.A. 58-2506a. Termination of farm tenancies; landlord’s liability for certain substances and services provided by tenant.
Helpful publications on cell tower leases
Helpful publications on oil and gas leases
Lead-Based Paint (Residential Disclosures)
Helpful publications on Lead-Based Paint
Helpful publications on pipeline easements
Helpful publications on Rails-to-Trails
- For a good legal review of the history of Rails-to-Trails, including ownership issues, and a discussion of how the nature of the original grant to the railroad (a fee simple v. an easement) can change the result upon abandonment, read Rails-to-Trails Conversions: A Legal Review, by Andrea C. Ferster, with the Rails-to-Trails Conservancy.
Helpful websites on Rails-to-Trails issues
- To view maps of abandoned and railbanked rail lines, visit the Surface Transportation Board’s Railroad Map Depot.
- The federal agency with authority to regulate railroads is the Surface Transportation Board. They have information about abandonment and railbanking in the public information section of their website.
Click Here to go to Water Law, located in the "Environment" section