The Kansas Farm Bureau Excellence in Agriculture Award Program is designed to recognize Young Farmers & Ranchers who actively contribute and grow through their involvement in Farm Bureau and agriculture. Participants will be judged on their involvement in agriculture, leadership ability, involvement/participation in Farm Bureau and other organizations.
- Must be a Farm Bureau member in Kansas between the ages of 18 and 35.
- May be an individual or a married couple. To qualify, the individual or spouse will not have reached their 36th birthday by January 31st, 2023.
- Must be a member in good standing with their county Farm Bureau.
- Must not derive the majority of his/her income from an owned production agricultural operation in the past three years.
- Winner will advance to the 2023 AFBF Excellence in Agriculture Award competition.
- Applicant may only compete in one national YF&R competition per year.
- First Place - $500 + expense paid trip to compete in the national contest at the 2023 AFBF Annual Convention in Puerto Rico
- Second Place - $300
- Third Place - $200
- Fourth Place - $100
Application Deadline: *Extended* January 14, 2022
Presentation Date for Finalists: Saturday, January 29, 2022Make sure you also register for the 2022 YF&R Leaders Conference!
(Applications available in MS Word by request.)
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.