Kansas Farm Bureau career opportunities
Kansas Farm Bureau is a non-profit agricultural services organization whose mission is to advocate, educate and serve our members and Kansas agriculture. We are one of the largest organizations of our kind in the state of Kansas and have been in existence since 1919. We offer an outstanding total compensation package for our qualified employees which includes: a Kansas Farm Bureau membership, health care and dental insurance, group life and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) package, paid leave, competitive pay, and an opportunity to earn an annual incentive. Our Leadership Team promotes a flexible, family-friendly work environment and we are considered a premier employer for the area.
The following position is open at Kansas Farm Bureau.
Field Services Manager
Kansas Farm Bureau, which exists to serve agriculture and rural Kansans through advocacy, education, and service, seeks candidates for a Field Services Manager. The selected candidate will provide valuable direction in non-profit management and organizational development. Kansas Farm Bureau has been proudly serving our members since 1919. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a great working environment.
What does a Field Services Manager do for Kansas Farm Bureau?
Our Field Services Manager serves on a team of Kansas Farm Bureau staff that work directly with the Kansas County Farm Bureaus to ensure effectiveness of local programming and long-term vitality of the grassroots organizational structure. The incumbent in this role also develops relationships with producers, ag businesses, community organizations and elected officials to create and maintain strong memberships and partnerships for the benefit of agriculture and rural Kansas. This role is also responsible for managing issues in the designated district and other issues as assigned by the supervisor or organizational leadership.
The typical duties and responsibilities will look like this:
- Supports and promotes attendance to Farm Bureau’s programs, events, and activities.
- Develops strategic relationships with producers, elected officials, businesses, and community leaders to ensure that KFB is a relevant and vibrant force across the district and state.
- Attends County Farm Bureau Board meetings. Provides training and assistance as needed for meetings. Communicates information on behalf of the state organization to ensure consistency and maximum effectiveness of member involvement and county work. Regularly reports on county activities, successes, and challenges.
- Surfaces, motivates, trains, and inspires leaders’ involvement in county and state Farm Bureau activities.
- Stays abreast of current conditions and changes in membership numbers, assists with membership recruitment & retention.
- Assists county Farm Bureau leaders in the financial management and administration of the autonomous, non-profit county entities.
- Represents Farm Bureau’s policy position and organizational programs on the local level and empowers members and counties to engage in issues as appropriate.
- Serves as the resource person for county Farm Bureau leaders on basic employment issues.
- Conducts new county staff onboarding and support. May provide temporary office back-up in the absence of county staff.
- Leads or supports district or regional events or trainings as needed.
- May serve on various State Farm Bureau committees or working groups.
- May assist with activities involving: legislative issues, membership, training & education, KFB programming, etc.
- Conducts assigned responsibilities in a fiscally responsible way.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What makes me qualified to do this job?
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent; the ability to make logical decisions in support of the organization’s philosophy and direction; knowledge of Ag industry standards and government regulations; excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills; and a high level of integrity. The selected candidate must have a favorable driving record (subjected to MVR). We will give preference to candidates with an agricultural background and with 2 to 4 years work experience in Program Management or in Legislative involvement.
Where will I work?
The selected candidate will work out of their home located in the Southeast area of Kansas. The incumbent will be assigned to a District with ten Kansas Counties and must reside in or within a 50-mile radius of the assigned Counties. Kansas Counties include: Allen, Bourbon, Cherokee, Crawford, Labette, Linn, Montgomery, Neosho, Wilson, and Woodson. Travel within the assigned area will be required. A company auto will be assigned to this position for travel. The successful candidate will also be provided with an established reimbursement for cell phone and internet.
How do I apply?
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three work references. Applications will be collected until December 8, 2021.
EOE/M/F/VET/Disability and any other protected class not listed
County Farm Bureau career opportunities
There is currently 1 open County Coordinator position
Wichita County Farm Bureau Coordinator
Wichita County Farm Bureau Association is seeking to fill the part-time position of County Coordinator. Qualified candidates should possess skills to enhance the advocating of agriculture, engage volunteer members, event planning, and effectively communicate the mission of Farm Bureau. The possition will also involve administrative support for Wichita County Farm Bureau Association. Proficiency in composition and record-keeping is desirable. The position is approximately 10-15 hrs/week. Salary is commensurate based on experience.
Position will remain open until filled.
The Wichita County Farm Bureau Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/VET/Disability and any other protected class not listed
Career opportunities with Farm Bureau Financial Services
Farm Bureau Financial Services is about more than insurance, more than products, more than the bricks and mortar that make up our buildings. FBFS is about you – your family, your home, your future. Today, our agents build relationships with people from all walks of life to help them protect what matters most and prepare for the future. FBFS is 1,600 employees and 4,000 field associates strong, and when your life twists and turns, you can depend on your local Farm Bureau agent to be there for you, providing the knowledge and experience to make insurance simple.
To explore opportunities with Farm Bureau Financial Services, visit www.fbfscareers.com
Whether you are an Employer looking to hire or an Individual seeking Career Opportunities, KansasWorks may have a solution for you. Check out our website at: https://www.kansasworks.com
If you are a Kansas farmer or rancher, KansasWorks may have solutions to suit your hiring needs. Interested? Locate the regional office nearest you, by selecting the “Contact Us” in the top right-hand corner of the KansasWorks website. Kansas Farm Bureau has an opening for an Ag Communications/Journalism Intern. Our internship offers the opportunity to work with varied medias including video, radio, print and social media, as well as hone writing and design skills. Our interns gain real-world experience and create portfolio-building pieces while also connecting with state and national ag communication professionals. This Internship begins with the 2017 Spring semester and may continue into the 2017/2018 school year. (Would allow to work in Summer 2017, if available.)