Young Farmers & Ranchers Discussion Meet
The YF&R Discussion Meet challenges young Farm Bureau members to analyze agricultural issues and consider solutions that best meet the needs of the industry. The competition is designed to simulate a committee meeting where discussion and active participation are expected from each participant. Contestants build basic discussion skills, develop a keen understanding of agricultural issues and explore how groups can pool knowledge to reach consensus and solve problems through discussion of pre-selected topics.
Discussion Meet Resources:
- 2023 Discussion Meet Questions
- View the 2016 National YF&R Discussion Meet Competition: Final Four
- Judging Scoresheet
- YF&R Discussion Meet Best Practices
- Must be a Farm Bureau member in Kansas between the ages of 18 and 35. The individual will not have reached his/her 36th birthday by January 31, 2024.
- Must be a member in good standing with their county Farm Bureau
- Must be actively engaged in agriculture
- Professional speakers are not eligible (receive a fee, royalty or honorarium for speaking)
- Past and present AFBF DM competitors, AFBF YF&R committee members, past KS YF&R DM winners and current employees of county, state and/or American Farm Bureaus and their affiliates are not eligible to compete.
- Winner will advance to 2024 AFBF Discussion Meet competition.
- First Place - $500 + expense paid trip to compete in the national contest at the 2023 AFBF Annual Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Second Place - $300
- Third Place - $200
- Fourth Place - $100
Enter here for the YF&R Discussion Meet
Entry Form Deadline: January 14, 2023
Make sure you also register for the 2023 YF&R Leaders Conference!
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.