Communications, Media and Spokesperson Training
Applications are now being accepted for Kansas Farm Bureau's 2019 session of Communications, Media and Spokesperson Training happening April 17-18 at KFB headquarters in Manhattan.
A generic approach to communication does not work in today’s information climate. Each market poses unique challenges and opportunities to engage. KFB members must be able to provide credible information and share their own story of agriculture through various outlets. This training will aim to provide our members with the skills necessary to use their stories, statistics, and key messages to make their messages stand out and connect with relevant audiences.
- Learn how to identify, organize and project key messages with clarity, confidence and passion.
- Gain skills to help increase comfort levels when talking to various audiences, such as formal presentations, media and legislative formats.
- Hear best practices of media and speaking do’s and don’ts.
- Discover how to best handle unexpected and challenging questions.
- Practice creating and delivering messages for different formats – formal presentations, various forms of media, social media and legislative testimony.
To learn more and to apply, visit www.kfb.org/communicationstraining. Applications are due by March 20.