KFB 2022 LEADs Trip
March 14-17, 2022
Due to current restrictions in Washington, D.C., KFB has decided to adjust the 2022 LEADs trip and offer a Midwest Tour instead. This version of the trip will consist of a bus tour through Oklahoma and Texas with opportunities to attend educational, leadership and policy-based tours. Some places that you can expect to visit will be:
- Guthrie Greenhouses to learn about commercial marijuana grows
- Oklahoma Stockyards
- Ft. Worth Stockyards
- George W Bush Presidential Center at SMU where there will be speakers on Policy and Leadership
- Oklahoma State University
- Click here for more information about the tours (PDF)
Pick up locations will include Garden City, Salina, Wichita, Manhattan and Yates Center. There will be a limited number of seats so book soon! The deadline for registration is March 1st and should be completed by the county coordinator. The cost of registration will be around $900 per person and is payable at the time of registration. KFB will cover the first $500 per county (will be reflected on the registration form at time of payment). NO LATE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Due to the nature of this trip, if you need to cancel, refunds will be issued on a case-by-case basis and are not guaranteed.
This trip is intended for County Presidents/Vice Presidents, but anyone on the County Board may attend. Due to the limited number of seats available, families will be limited to a maximum of 4 participants.
Here are some tips for the trip:
- There will be rest stops along the routes but please be prepared to be on the bus for 3-4 hours at a time.
- Be prepared for a lot of walking. Many of our tours will be at large operations and could involve walking a good distance.
County Coordinators please read before registering your members.
- Hotel reservations will be made by KFB. Rooms will be made based off the main registrant’s name. Please indicate if more than one room is needed and what names the rooms should be under. The number of rooms selected will be reserved for the participants in each location.
- Each additional room will be $175 per night.
- Please register ALL members that will be attending on the same form. It will be helpful to keep each county to one registration form.
- NO LATE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. The deadline is March 1st.
- Please contact Molly Torres (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding registration, refunds, or agenda.
County Coordinators, click here to register
Please click on the links below to see each bus route. These routes are subject to change and should be considered as tentative. Some tours may be weather permitting.