March 18-21, 2018 ♦ Washington, D.C.
The 2018 LEADs trip is a great opportunity for county board members from around the state to bring their families to Washington D.C. and experience our nation’s capitol and see Farm Bureau policy in action at the federal level.
What to expect in D.C while on the LEADs trip:
- Hear policy updates from AFBF staff
- Meet with your Kansas Representatives
- Attend U.S. Senate & House Committee hearings
- Have an opportunity to tour areas of D.C.
- Enjoy a LEADs/Ag-Day reception with VIP guest
- Take an optional day trip to Thomas Jefferson’s mansion and working plantation at Monticello; visit the nearby town of Charlottesville
Farm Bureau will offer opportunities to take group tours, enjoy an evening event and visit Monticello. You are not required to attend any of the optional events we suggest but because of that, expenses will vary from family to family. Below are a few costs you can expect to incur:
**For any county sending a member or members, Farm Bureau will provide a $500 credit per county to any final billing that comes for the home office. These estimates are based on a member and their spouse attending.
- Hotel room - $299/night
- Airfare - $250 - $650/person. Remember, D.C. in March brings a lot of spring break trips to town. Book ASAP to avoid paying higher airfare!
- Optional tours/Monticello/reception/transportation - $250-300
- Estimated total - $1100 + airfare
The registration deadline for the 2018 LEADs trip has passed.
KFB has a rooming block at the Renaissance Washington D.C. Downtown, 999 Ninth St. NW, Washington, D.C., 20001, (202) 898-9000. Please follow this link to the hotel’s website to make your reservations at the Renaissance Washington, D.C. Downtown.