Leadership KFB & Casten Fellows Alumni Travel
Calling all alumni of Leadership KFB and Casten Fellows! Starting in Las Vegas, traveling through Palm Springs and on to San Diego, leadership program alumni will have the opportunity to visit with farmers facing challenges that are on the horizon for Kansas: energy, water, labor and urban agriculture. Join us for this new opportunity to travel with fellow alumni to see farms in another part of the country, have strategic conversations about important policy issues and grow your network of Farm Bureau leaders.
Why is KFB offering this opportunity? Three reasons:
- You've asked for it. Leadership KFB and Casten Fellows alumni consistently ask for opportunities to get together to see old friends, meet other classes/cohorts and grow their network and knowledge as change leaders around the state.
- We've invested into Leadership KFB and Casten Fellows alumni and believe continual connection and development of these individuals will ultimately serve the organization and Kansas communities well.
- We have empowered this group of leaders to think differently about challenges facing our industry and communities, so as we think about who to engage in future proofing our policy book, leadership program alumni are equipped to learn and lead conversations about the issues facing the future of Kansas agriculture and rural communities.
We are working with Nevada and California Farm Bureaus to put together an incredible itinerary with world class tours and the quality of experience you've come to expect from Leadership KFB and Casten Fellows. More details will come, but here's the general agenda:
- Morning flights from your Kansas airport of choice to Las Vegas
- Afternoon Urban Farm Tours (urban ag, specialty crops)
- Evening & Overnight on The Strip in Las Vegas
- Hoover Dam, large-scale Solar Farm, and Colorado River agriculture tours and discussions (energy, water)
- Evening & Overnight in Palm Springs
- U.S.-Mexico Border Experience (labor, water)
- Evening & Overnight in San Diego
- Imperial County Farms (urban ag, water, specialty crops, labor)
- Evening & Overnight in San Diego
- Flights from San Diego to home
- The short, written application is open to all Leadership KFB and Casten Fellows graduates. It may be opened to other Kansas Farm Bureau leaders, if space allows, at the discretion of KFB board and staff.
- Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. CT on September 15, 2023.
- Selected participants will be required to do a small amount of pre-work (5 hours or less) and participate in a pre-travel Zoom session on Tuesday, October 24 at 7:00-8:30 p.m. The session will include discussion of expectations, review of the pre-work and a detailed preview of the trip itinerary and logistics.
This experience is paid for in part through grants from the KFB Foundation for Agriculture and KFB Public Policy department ($1,000 grant total per graduate) and Leaders Circle funds (covering the full cost of the bus).
- Double Occupancy: $995 (may request a roommate on application)
- Single Occupancy: $1,959 (private room for one person)
- Couple: $2,990 (one graduate + spouse, one room)
- Couple: $1,990 (two married graduates, one room)
This cost includes your flight, four (4) nights lodging, tour transportation and most meals. Participants will be responsible for getting to and from the airport at home and in NV/CA, baggage fees and most meals. Participants will be responsible for airport transportation in Kansas, Las Vegas and San Diego, airport parking and three (3) breakfasts. Flights will be booked by Kansas Farm Bureau upon approval of the participant and can be extended on either side for personal travel.
Participant fees are due to Kansas Farm Bureau by October 31, 2023. Checks may be sent to: Kansas Farm Bureau, attn: Edie Doane, 2627 KFB Plaza, Manhattan, KS 66503. Credit card payment is possible. Please email email@example.com to pay by card.
Use this link to apply for the alumni trip experience to the great American West.
Contact Edie Doane (firstname.lastname@example.org | 785-587-6102) or Leigh Ann Maurath (email@example.com | 785-953-0268).