Member Services Coordinator/Special Events Planner
Overview: This professional position is involved in all aspects of event planning and coordination; education of our staff, volunteers and members; as well as, the design and creation of marketing materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates/facilitates all aspects of Kansas Farm Bureau’s presence at farm trade shows, including planning, scheduling, soliciting volunteer workers and contacting outside vendors.
- Serves as the membership liaison at our Young Farmer & Rancher and Collegiate events and activities.
- Plans and organizes events/programs for Member Services and may assist with similar responsibilities for other KFB departments.
- Coordinates all aspects relating to membership contests and incentive programs.
- Designs and creates membership brochures and flyers.
- Educates County Farm Bureau staff and volunteers on organization programs and encourages participation.
- Makes recommendations to Director regarding marketing, promotional and retention efforts relating to our membership.
- Maintains a good working relationship with other state Farm Bureaus, Farm Bureau Financial Services staff, County Farm Bureau offices, Member Benefit providers and members.
- Assists with the maintenance of our electronic membership records.
- Assists division staff with a high volume of calls related to membership and providing membership customer service. ?
- Assists County Farm Bureaus with membership communication.
- Assists with processing membership payments, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Competencies, Education and Experience:
- Requires excellent skills with Microsoft Office software and Adobe Creative Suite, with preference given to experience with InDesign.
- Requires excellent organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must possess a proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Requires excellent customer service skills and creativity.
- Requires ability to independently research and analyze information.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with preference given to marketing and/or communications fields of study.
- Prefers an agricultural background.
To apply: submit cover letter, resume, and references through our online application. Click here to apply online. Application process closes September 26, 2018.
EOE/M/F/VET/Disability and any other protected class not listed