Connecting Food Science to Your Community and Classroom
Topics to be Covered:
Growth Promotant Use
Use of GMO's
- You'll learn about more the food and meat industry. Science-based information will be delivered in a way you can teach others.
- You’ll receive lesson plans on food science that will provide you with the information you need to present in a classroom setting.
- You’ll identify leaders in your community that can help support your programs.
- You’ll receive Tips and Tricks to help you replicate the event locally.
- AND you will leave the training with freezermeals you can take home to feed your family.
Wichita | October 17 - 10am to 4pm
Sedgwick County Extension Office, 4-H Hall
Registration due October 5
Manhattan | November 17 - 10am to 4pm
Registration due November 7
Lawrence | November 29 - 10am to 4pm
Douglas County Fairgrounds
Registration due November 16
Hays | January 24, 2017
Messiah Lutheran Church
Registration due January 11, 2017
Registration - $40 each
Seats are limited to 50 participants on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Contact your local Farm Bureau for possible grants to cover registration costs.