KFB's Campaign School and Mini Sessions
If you're considering running for state legislature, school board, county commission or other public office, KFB's Campaign School Mini Sessions can teach you the nuts and bolts of campaigning and help you execute a winning campaign. The mini sessions are based on the two-day Campaign School, which is nonpartisan, unbiased and has an 80 percent success rate of attendees being elected. The mini sessions are a condensed opportunity to learn the fundamentals of campaign management skills to assist a broad range of locally elected offices. The sessions are only $50 for Farm Bureau members in Kansas and $75 for nonmembers. Attendance is limited to the first 20 registrations at each location.
The sessions will be offered on the following dates and locations:
- Jan 16th 1-5PM Topeka (DAS) Kansas Chamber 534 S Kansas Ave, Ste 1400
- February 2nd 2-6 pm Manhattan (YFR Conference) Hilton Convention Center
- April 10th 1-5PM Overland Park - Overland Park Chamber 9001 W. 110th St., Ste. 150,
- May 15th 1-5PM Hays - BriefSpace 219 W 10th ST
- May 16 1-5PM McPherson - McPherson Chamber Office 306 N Main ST
- June 11 1-5PM Colby - Pioneer Memorial Library 375 W 4th
- June 26 1-5PM Iola - Allen Community College Main Building 1801 N Cottonwood
Comprehensive 2-Day Session
If you're thinking about running for state legislature, school board, county commission or other public office, KFB's Campaign School can teach you the nuts and bolts of campaigning and help you execute a winning campaign.
Who should attend?
- Current officeholders
- Potential candidates
- Campaign managers
- Campaign volunteer leaders
Why should you attend?
- Learn the nuts and bolts of campaigning
- Receive non-partisan, unbiased guidance
- Participate in a program with a 78% national win percentage
- Gain confidence to execute a winning campaign
|8:30 a.m.||Check-In and Continental Breakfast|
|9:00 a.m.||Welcome and Introduction from Kansas Farm Bureau staff|
|9:15 a.m.||Introduction and Outline of Seminar Agenda from AFBF Staff|
Session 1 – Consideration for the Candidate
|12:00 p.m.||Lunch (provided) and Mock Interviews|
Session 2 – Exploring the Issues
Session 3 – Budget and Fundraising
Session 4 – Campaign Tactics
|4:30 p.m.||Adjourn to Happy Hour Reception – (heavy hors d’oeuvres and drinks)|
|7:30 a.m.||Continental Breakfast|
|8:00 a.m.||Mock TV Interview Critique and Review by AFBF Staff|
|9:30 a.m.||Conclude Session 4|
|12:00 p.m.||Working Lunch (provided) – Kansas Campaign Finance Laws - KS Governmental Ethics Commission|
|1:00 p.m.||Session 5 – Getting Elected
|2:00 p.m.||Wrap-up and Concluding Remarks|
Cost: $300, $250 for KFB members
Campaign School is limited to 20 participants.