The Kansas Farm Bureau Natural Resources Award program honors members using time-honored and cutting edge conservation practices to protect and improve our state’s natural resources. Winners will be chosen by their peers serving on the KFB Environmental and Natural Resources Committee.
These good stewards will serve as mentors for KFB members and nonmembers alike to help demonstrate innovative agricultural production and resource conservation to an increasingly urban world.
Instructions: The application will be electronically completed and submitted to the County Farm Bureau in which the applicant holds membership. Each county Farm Bureau may submit one application for the statewide competition.
The filing deadline is May 15.
From the county nominees, district winners will be chosen and forwarded to the State Environmental and Natural Resources (ENR) Committee, which will then select first, second and third place state winners. The state winners will be recognized during the KFB annual meeting awards ceremony.
Eligibility: Any farmer or rancher who is a member of a Kansas county Farm Bureau. No sitting ENR members are eligible for this award.
Award Purpose: This award recognizes and promotes practices used by farmers and ranchers that help protect our soil, water, grasslands and air. The sharing of innovative conservation practices helps our members and demonstrates to others the good work being done in production agriculture.
Awards & Recognition:
- Each county winner will receive a Natural Resources sign to display.
- District winners not in the top 3 places will receive a plaque and $100.
- 3rd place in the state competition will receive a monetary award totaling $250, a plaque and overnight lodging at state annual meeting.
- 2nd place in the state competition will receive a monetary award totaling $500, a plaque and overnight lodging at state annual meeting.
- 1st place in the state competition will receive a framed print, a monetary award totaling $1,000, a plaque, and overnight lodging at state annual meeting.
If you choose to print the PDF and fill it in by hand, you can mail your completed application to:
KFB Natural Resources Award
2627 KFB Plaza