Kansas Farm Bureau created Leadership KFB with the purpose of developing our members as grassroots leaders. This year-long program focuses on creating influential, thought-leaders who will choose to engage, create change, and look for solutions, not only in agriculture, but in counties and communities across the state.
Leadership KFB is designed to enhance skills through the design of the curriculum and opportunities provided as a part of the six-part program schedule. The participants of this program will take part in a very personalized and unique learning experience. Each session will provide the participants the chance to gain understanding about their personal leadership style, as well as different approaches to problem-solving and conflict resolution. Additionally, training in communication skills ranging from public speaking to traditional and social media will be a focus of the program. Finally, this program allows participants to engage with issues across the state and learn from the leaders in the industry through experiential sessions and tours.
- Applicant shall be a member in good standing with their county Farm Bureau
- Applicant shall be a voting Farm Bureau member
- Applicant shall complete an application and be willing to meet all time commitments associated with the program, listed below:
|January 3-5 (Sun-Tues)||Manhattan|
|February 3-5 (Wed-Fri)||Topeka|
|April 15-17 (Thurs-Sat)||Wichita|
|June 10-12 (Thurs-Sat)||Kansas City|
|August 5-7 (Thurs-Sat)||Western Kansas|
|*September 21-25 (Tues-Sat)||Washington, D.C.|
|December 5-7 (Sun-Mon)||Graduation at KFB Annual Meeting in Manhattan|
*date change possible based on the 2021 congressional calendar
Sessions generally begin at 1 p.m. and adjourn at 12:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Full attendance is required at all sessions.
- A panel will select finalists based upon applications submitted by October 1, 2020.
- Finalists will be contacted for an interview, via phone or video-based technology.
- The selected candidates will be notified and named as program participants.
- One or more alternates may be chosen in case someone cannot participate before the program begins.
Deadlines and Schedule
- August 10, 2020 – Launch application process
- October 1, 2020 – Applications due to KFB
- October 14-16, 2020 – Selection process; including application review and phone/video interviews
- November 2020 – Notify selected participants
- January 3, 2020 -- $250 class fee due
Click here to apply online
All applications must be submitted electronically by October 1, 2020. Contact Leigh Ann Maurath at firstname.lastname@example.org, Edie Doane at email@example.com or call (785) 587-6102 for questions about the program.