Kansas Farm Bureau created Leadership KFB with the purpose of developing our members as grassroots leaders. This year-long program focuses on creating influential, thought-leaders who will choose to engage, create change, and look for solutions, not only in agriculture, but in counties and communities across the state.
Leadership KFB is designed to enhance skills through the design of the curriculum and opportunities provided as a part of the six-part program schedule. The participants of this program will take part in a very personalized and unique learning experience. Each session will provide the participants the chance to gain understanding about their personal leadership style, as well as different approaches to problem-solving and conflict resolution. Additionally, training in communication skills ranging from public speaking to traditional and social media will be a focus of the program. Finally, this program allows participants to engage with issues across the state and learn from the leaders in the industry through experiential sessions and tours.
- Applicant shall be a member in good standing with their county Farm Bureau
- Applicant shall be a voting Farm Bureau member
- Applicant shall complete an application and be willing to meet all time commitments associated with the program, listed below:
|January 19-21 (Thurs-Sat)||Manhattan|
|February 23-25 (Thurs-Sat)||Topeka|
|March 30 - April 1 (Thurs-Sat)||Wichita|
|June 8-10 (Thurs-Sat)||Kansas City|
|July 27-29 (Thurs-Sat)||Western Kansas|
|*September 19-22 (Tues-Sat)||Washington, D.C.|
|**December 1-4 (Sat-Mon)||Graduation at KFB Annual Meeting in Manhattan|
*date change possible based on the 2023 congressional calendar
**date change possible based on the 2023 KFB Annual Meeting schedule
Sessions generally begin between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Thursday and adjourn between 11 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Saturday unless otherwise noted. Full attendance is required at all sessions.
- A panel will select finalists based upon applications submitted by October 15, 2022.
- Finalists will be contacted for an interview, via phone or video-based technology.
- The selected candidates will be notified and named as program participants.
- One or more alternates may be chosen in case someone cannot participate before the program begins.
Deadlines and Schedule
- August 1, 2022 – Launch Application
- October 15, 2022 – Applications Due to KFB
- October 18-19, 2022 – Selection process (including applicant video interviews)
- November 2022 – Class Selection Notifications Sent
- January 15, 2023 -- $250 Class Fee Due
All applications must be submitted electronically by October 15, 2022. Contact Leigh Ann Maurath at email@example.com , Edie Doane at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (785) 587-6102 for questions about the program.