The Kansas Farm Bureau Young Farmer & Rancher of the Year Award Program is designed to recognize those YF&R members who have excelled in their farming or ranching operations and honed their leadership abilities to superiority. The contestant(s) will be evaluated on a combination of farm operation growth and financial progress, Farm Bureau leadership, as well as leadership outside of Farm Bureau. More specifically, the judges will be looking for excellence in management, scope of the enterprise and self-initiatives that have been displayed throughout the operation.
- Must be a voting Farm Bureau member of a county Farm Bureau in Kansas between the ages of 18 and 35.
- May be an individual or a married couple. To qualify, the individual or spouse will not have reached their 36th birthday by January 31st, 2020.
- Must be a member in good standing with their county Farm Bureau.
- Must be actively engaged in farming and/or ranching with the majority of his/her income from production agriculture.
- Winner will advance to the 2020 AFBF Achievement Award competition.
- Applicant may only compete in one national YF&R competition per year.
- First Place - $500 + expense paid trip to compete in the national contest at the 2020 AFBF Annual Convention
- Second Place - $300
- Third Place - $200
- Fourth Place - $100
Application Deadline: January 1, 2019
Interview Date for Finalists: January 26, 2019 (Manhattan, KS)
(Applications available in MS Word by request.)
For questions, email email@example.com.