Rural Kansas Apprenticeship Program
According to a 2022 study prepared for the Kansas Department of Agriculture, 42 percent of survey respondents said “worker skill” was a major barrier to expanding employment within their agricultural business with 67 percent saying finding skilled applicants was a challenge. Of businesses surveyed, more than 40 percent said they use on-the-job training to increase their workers’ skills and said it was a very effective training method.
Through Kansas Farm Bureau’s Rural Kansas Apprenticeship Program (RKAP), agriculturists and Kansas business owners can train and retain qualified labor.
What is an apprenticeship program?
- Employer designed and driven
- Structured on-the-job training
- Job-related education
- Wage progression
- Valued credentials
benefits to employers
- Recruit and develop highly skilled employees who help grow your business
- Improve productivity, profitability and your bottom line
- Receive help in developing an apprenticeship program
- Become a preferred employer in the eyes of potential employees
benefits to employees
- Earn money while you’re learning
- Gain certification of experience and knowledge
- Receive hands-on training from a mentor
Who is eligible for an
- Employers in Kansas with W-2 employees (not 1099 contractors), and
- Agriculture-related businesses or businesses in any industry operating in rural communities in Kansas
Want to learn more?
Fill out this form and we'll be in touch.
Brought to you by the Kansas Department of Commerce through the Office of Registered Apprenticeship. Learn more at www.ksapprenticeship.org.
Current Open Apprenticeship Opportunities
Alliance Ag & Grain
Alliance Ag & Grain is pleased to announce the launch of an apprenticeship program. Learn more at www.aaggllc.com/careers/aprenticeships.
At MKC, there is an opportunity for people of all backgrounds in our organization and we provide opportunities for growth of skills and knowledge at all levels. Apprentices will receive on-the-job training, technical instruction and compensation while developing skills in an entry-level agriculture career path. No background or prior experience in agriculture is needed. Here’s a link to the MKC Program. MKC apprenticeships include:
- Agriculture Equipment Operator
- CDL Driver
- Operations Specialist