Farm machines have no memory and no conscience…
and they don’t care who you are or what they pinch or cut!
Being safe around farm machinery is very important and through this kit,
you will find very helpful tips to keep yourself and your family safe.
Design your own Farm Machine Safety program today! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ag Accidents & Rescue: PTOs video
- Ag Equipment Operator Safety Series video
- Combine Safety video
Conducting Farm Safety Demonstrations video
- Danger Down on the Farm video
- Driveline Safety and You video
Farm and Ranch Equipment Safety video
- It Won’t Happen to Me video
- John Deere Safety video
- (Email firstname.lastname@example.org to check out any of these videos, at no charge, for two weeks)
Kansas Teaching Standards for Farm Machine Safety
- Standards for Grades 7-8
- Health Education
- Content Standard: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Standard 1: The student will comprehend concepts related to health-promotion
and disease-prevention as related to:
- c) Injury prevention and safety
- Content Standard: Self-Management
- Standard 3: The student will demonstrate the ability to practice
health-enhancing behaviors and reduce health risks.
- Benchmark 3: The student will recognize risky and harmful health behaviors.
Questions? Contact the Safety Division at 785/587-6150.