Farm Machinery Safety
Farm machines have no memory and no conscience… and they don’t care who you are or what they pinch or cut! Being safe around farm machinery is very important and through this kit, you will find very helpful tips to keep yourself and your family safe.
Design your own Farm Machine Safety program today! Here’s what you’ll need:
- You May be Quick…But Machines are Quicker! (PowerPoint)
- Visit YouTube.com to search the many farm machinery safety videos available.
- Just How Fast are Farm Machines?
- Machine Reaction Timers
- Human Reaction Time Demonstration
- You May Be Quick...But Machines Are Quicker! activity sheet
Kansas Teaching Standards for Farm Machine Safety
- Standards for Grades 7-8
- Health Education
- Content Standard: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Standard 1: The student will comprehend concepts related to health-promotion
and disease-prevention as related to:
- c) Injury prevention and safety
- Standard 1: The student will comprehend concepts related to health-promotion and disease-prevention as related to:
- Content Standard: Self-Management
- Standard 3: The student will demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and reduce health risks.
- Benchmark 3: The student will recognize risky and harmful health behaviors.
Questions? Contact the Safety Division at 785/587-6150.