Germs can cause both minor and serious illness or disease. This display demonstrates how many germs build up between hand washing or cleaning. Use these materials to reiterate the importance of personal cleanliness to avoid sickness and stay happy and healthy!
Create your own Germ Display today! Here’s what you’ll need:
Germ Display Instructions
Did You Wash Your Hands?
Kansas teaching standards for Germ Display
Standards for Grades K-4
- Health Education
- Content Standard: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Standard 1: The student will comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention as related to:
- c) Prevention and control of disease
- Instructional Example: The teacher will explain germs, how disease is spread, and strategies to prevent the spread of illness; have students test the effectiveness of hand washing using Glow Germ and a black light box.
- Benchmark 1: The student will demonstrate comprehension of basic concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention by identifying and describing relationships between well-being and the health-related behaviors in the content area.
Questions? Contact the Safety Division at 785/587-6150.