The KFB Collegiate Fellows program offers emerging collegiate leaders an opportunity to engage in intentional leadership and personal development while learning first-hand about Farm Bureau policy. Fellows will dedicate a few hours each month during the school year to the program and in turn gain skills, insight and connections to prepare them for success in their education, future career and continued Farm Bureau involvement. KFB is offering a beta version of this program in the spring of 2018 before the full launch for 2018-2019.
Beta Version Components
- Orientation Meetings with KFB Leadership & Policy Staff (2018 Day at the Statehouse/Video Conference Calls)
- LEADs Trip - Participants of Leaders Engaged and Acting in D.C. have the opportunity to visit and tour Washington, D.C., meet with their Kansas representatives and see Farm Bureau policy in action on the national level. (Spring Break 2019)
- Mentor Meetings - monthly video conference with an assigned mentor.
- Final Project/Presentation
- Evaluation/Program Guidance
Kansas Farm Bureau will take care of the majority of fellows' expenses for the LEADs Trip, such as hotel rooms, flights, registration costs and most meals. Fellows will be required to attend the YF&R Leaders Conference on their own and must have access to a computer with microphone, camera and reliable internet capabilities.
- Participants must be a current Collegiate Farm Bureau member.
- Applicants must exhibit a high level of leadership potential through the application process.
- Applicants must demonstrate support from their chapter advisor and county board president.
- Participants must attend register for and attend the YF&R Leaders Conference (at their own expense) and complete required meetings and assignments to be eligible for the LEADs Trip.
All interested Collegiate Farm Bureau members are welcome to apply. Applicants will be required to provide the following information:
- Basic Personal & Contact Information
- Four Short Answer Responses:
- Further Education & Career Interests
- Your Agriculture & Farm Bureau Story (how you got involved, what you've done, why it's important to you)
- Why do you want to participate in this opportunity & what qualities and experiences to you bring?
- What are your expectations and learning goals for this experience?
- Two References (name/email/phone/relationship)
- Signed Advisor & Board Support Document
Apply Online Here by February 1, 2018.
Top applicants will be asked to participate in a 20-30 minute video interview with KFB staff. Selected applicants will be notified via email and given an opportunity to choose interview times that best accommodate their schedule. Kansas Farm Bureau will select up to 2 students for the beta version of the KFB Collegiate Fellows program.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-587-6102.