The KFB Collegiate Fellows program offers emerging collegiate leaders an opportunity to engage in intentional leadership and personal development while learning first-hand about Farm Bureau policy. Fellows will dedicate a few hours each month during the school year to the program and in turn gain skills, insight and connections to prepare them for success in their education, future career and continued Farm Bureau involvement.
- Mentor Pairing - you'll be matched with a mentor based on your interests and will be given opportunities to connect with them monthly via video conference
- Washington DC Experience - learn about the Farm Bureau structure and policy development process throughout the year and then see how it's implemented with a trip to DC over spring break 2019
- Leadership & Personal Development - with a small cohort, the program can be customized to fit the leadership development and career interests of the participants
Kansas Farm Bureau will take care of the majority of fellows' expenses, such as hotel rooms, flights, registration costs and most meals. Fellows will be required to absorb the cost of getting themselves to some activities and must have access to a computer with microphone, camera and reliable internet capabilities.
- Participants must be a Collegiate Farm Bureau member at the time of application and throughout the program.
- Applicants must be a entering their sophomore, junior or senior year of college in the fall following their application.
- Applicants must exhibit a high level of leadership potential through the application process.
- Applicants must demonstrate support from their chapter advisor and county board president (may be your collegiate or home county).
- Participants are required to attend all meetings and complete all assignments through February 2019 to be eligible for the DC Experience.
All interested Collegiate Farm Bureau members are welcome to apply. Applicants will be required to provide the following information:
- Basic Personal & Contact Information
- Four Short Answer Responses:
- Further Education & Career Interests
- Your Agriculture & Farm Bureau Story (how you got involved, what you've done, why it's important to you)
- Why do you want to participate in this opportunity & what qualities and experiences to you bring?
- What are your expectations and learning goals for this experience?
- Two References (name/email/phone/relationship)
- Signed Advisor & Board Support Document (may be completed by your collegiate or home county president)
Apply Online Here by April 1, 2018.
Top applicants will be asked to participate in a 20-30 minute video interview with KFB staff. Selected applicants will be notified via email and given an opportunity to choose interview times that best accommodate their schedule. Kansas Farm Bureau will select up to 2 students for the beta version of the KFB Collegiate Fellows program.
Email email@example.com or call 785-587-6102.