The farming profession requires that many hours be spent outside under the hot sun, leaving farmers at risk for sun-exposure related diseases and conditions. This video educates viewers about skin cancer prevention and gives helpful sun-safety tips.
Build your own Sun Safety display today! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Skin Care PowerPoint
- Caution the Sun video (Email email@example.com to request this video, at no charge, for two weeks)
- Hats with SPF protection, Long-sleeved light-weight work shirt, Sun Glasses, Sun Screen, Soy Lip Balm
- Use your imagination!
Kansas teaching standards for Sun Safety
Standards for Grades K-4
- Health Education
- Content Standard: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Standard 1: The student will comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention as related to:
- Instructional Example: The teacher will lead students in discussion about how they can demonstrate age-appropriate self-care responsibility; personal hygiene, how to know when to ask for help, basic first aid skills, home alone safety, and how their choices can affect how they feel.
Questions? Contact the Safety Division at 785/587-6150.