Administrative Law & Government
Helpful publications on administrative law
- Chevron Deference: Strangling Farmers One Regulation at a Time? , by Chris Bennett with Farm Journal, on Ag Web.
- Farmers, Ranchers and Government Administrative Agencies , by Roger A. McEowen on the Agricultural Law and Taxation Blog.
- What Does a County Commissioner (Supervisor) Need to Know? , by Roger A. McEowen on the Agricultural Law and Taxation Blog (June 2020).
Other helpful websites for administrative law
- For unofficial copies of Kansas agricultural administrative statutes, regulations and guidance documents, visit the Kansas Department of Agriculture’s website here.
Helpful publications on government programs
- Common FSA & NRCS Programs, Episode #104 – Dr. Bart Fischer, on the Ag Law in the Field podcast with Tiffany Lashmet, with Texas A&M AgriLife Extension (April 2021). This podcast provides information on commonly utilized FSA and NRCS programs, and would be especially helpful to those individuals who are new to USDA program participation.
- Working with the FSA/NRCS Office, Episode #103 – Stephanie Bradley Fryer, on the Ag Law in the Field podcast with Tiffany Lashmet, with Texas A&M AgriLife Extension (April 2021). This podcast is a great primer on how to work with your local FSA office, and would be especially helpful to those individuals who are new to FSA program participation, including those who have recently inherited farmland.
Other helpful websites for government programs
- USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA)
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
- USDA Pandemic Assistance for Producers