Helpful publications on grain marketing
- Farmer’s Legal Guide to Production Contracts (PDF) , by Neil D. Hamilton for The National Agricultural Law Center (January 1995).
- Farmers’ Use of Marketing and Production Contracts (PDF) , by Economic Research Service/United States Department of Agriculture.
- What Are A Farmer’s Rights When a Grain Elevator Fails? , by Roger A. McEowen on the Agricultural Law and Taxation Blog (July 2017).
- Kansas Grain Warehouse Law, K.S.A. 34-101 et seq., and K.A.R. 4-25-2 et seq.
Other helpful websites about grain marketing
- Kansas Department of Agriculture: The Kansas Department of Agriculture has regulatory oversight of the Kansas Public Warehouse Law relating to grain storage.
Helpful publications on hemp production
- Hemp Production – Regulation and Economics (PDF) , by Roger A. McEowen on the Agricultural Law and Taxation Blog (April 2020).
- Kansas Regulations , once adopted, can be found on the Kansas Department of Agriculture website.
- USDA Rules & Regulations can be found on the United States Department of Agriculture website.
Other helpful websites for hemp information
- Kansas Department of Agriculture : The Kansas Department of Agriculture has regulatory oversight over industrial hemp production within the State of Kansas. Their website has helpful information about hemp production, as well as the applications and forms necessary to produce industrial hemp within the state.
- National Agricultural Law Center : The National Agricultural Law Center has gathered many helpful resources on industrial hemp.
- United States Department of Agriculture : The 2018 Farm Bill directed the USDA to establish a national regulatory framework for hemp production in the United States. You can find information about the national program on the USDA website.
Click here to go to the Pesticides resources, located in the "Environment" section.