Click Here to go to Threatened, Endangered, and Other Protected Species, located in the "Environment" section.
Helpful publications on environmental issues associated with livestock production
Other helpful websites on environmental issues associated with livestock production
- For more information on CERCLA and EPCRA reporting requirements for air releases of hazardous substances from animal waste at farms, visit the EPA’s
- For information about permitting and waste management, visit the Kansas Department of Health and Environment’s
Click Here to go to Fence Law, located in the "Real Property" section
Identification and Traceability
Helpful publications on livestock identification and traceability:
Packers and Stockyards
Helpful publications on Packers and Stockyards issues:
- For unofficial copies of the federal laws and regulations governing packers and stockyards,
visit this page from the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Service.
Other helpful websites on Packers and Stockyards:
- GIPSA website: The Grain Inspection, Packers, and Stockyards Administration (GIPSA) was moved from the Farm Service Agency, to the Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS), pursuant to agency restructuring announced by Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue on September 7, 2017. The
AMS GIPSA website has some very helpful information about Packers and Stockyards.
- Regulated Entities: For information on what entities are regulated under the Packers and Stockyards Act, and what requirements are placed on them,
go to this page on the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service website.
Helpful publications on production contracts
Broiler Production: Considerations for Potential Growers (AGEC-202) (PDF)
, by Doye D., B. Freking, J. Payne, S. Ferrell, from the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service.
Broiler Production Management for Potential and Existing Growers (PDF)
, by Jennifer L. Rhodes, and Dr. Jonathan Moyle, from the University of Maryland.
Farmer’s Legal Guide to Production Contracts (PDF)
, by Neil D. Hamilton for The National Agricultural Law Center.
Farmers’ Use of Marketing and Production Contracts (PDF)
, by Economic Research Service/United States Department of Agriculture
Other helpful websites for information on poultry production
Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD) Rule
Helpful publications on the Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD) Rule