Click here to learn more about environmental issues associated with livestock production, under the Livestock and Other Animals section.
Helpful publications and other resources on pesticides
- Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), 7 U.S.C. 136 et seq.
- Kansas Pesticide Law (PDF), K.S.A. 2-2438a et seq.
Other helpful websites about pesticides
Threatened, Endangered, and Other Protected Species
Helpful publications on threatened, endangered, and other protected species
Other helpful websites for information about threatened, endangered, and other protected species
Species specific information
- Lesser Prairie Chicken
- Background: For information specific to the Lesser Prairie Chicken, visit the following websites or pages dedicated to the Lesser Prairie Chicken:
- Monarch Butterfly
- Background: For information specific to the Monarch Butterfly, visit the
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service website.
- Pollinator habitat programs: To learn about how to help provide pollinator habitat, check out the
MonarchWatch website regarding their Monarch waystation program, and the
USDA’s publication (PDF) on how to utilize Farm Bill programs for pollinator conservation.
- Register your Monarch habitat site. It is important that conservation efforts are reflected on national registries to show what is being done to help conserve the Monarch Butterfly. Habitat sites can be registered through one or more of the following programs:
- Other programs and initiatives: You can also learn about other Monarch and pollinator conservation programs and efforts through
Farmers for Monarchs
Monarch Joint Venture
, and the
PF/QF Habitat Education
- Helpful publications on the Monarch Butterfly:
- Kansas Monarch Conservation Plan (pdf)
, along with
Grassland Sector Best Management Practices (pdf)
Cropland Best Management Practices for Monarchs and Native Pollinators (pdf)
, can be found on the
. The Kansas Monarch Conservation Plan is centered on a 20-year objective to conserve, enhance, establish, and create pollinator habitat on private, public, and urban lands through non-regulatory, voluntary efforts and actions across the state. It was prepared in collaboration with individuals from ranching and farming organizations, conservation organizations, industry, agencies, academia, and tribal nations.
- Mowing: Best Practices for Monarchs (PDF), prepared by the Monarch Joint Venture.
- Small-Scale Monarch Butterfly Habitat Development in Kansas (PDF), prepared by Sarah Zukoff and Anthony Zukoff, with K-State Research and Extension.
- Other helpful websites on the Monarch Butterfly:
Helpful information on water and water rights
- Clean Water Rule
- For information on current EPA efforts to replace the 2015 WOTUS rule with a rule that will provide
clean water AND clear rules
, as ordered by President Trump in an Executive Order dated February 28, 2017, you can visit the
- The Duarte Nursery WOTUS case in California has been
settled. For more information about that case, visit the
website of the Pacific Legal Foundation, who represented the Duarte Nursery in litigation.
- State Water Issues
Helpful publications on water law
Other helpful websites for information about Kansas water issues