Click here to learn more about environmental issues associated with livestock production, under the Livestock and Other Animals section.
Helpful publications on pesticides
Threatened & Endangered Species
Helpful publications on threatened and endangered species
Other helpful website for information about threatened & endangered species
Species specific information
- Lesser Prairie Chicken
- Background: For information specific to the Lesser Prairie Chicken, visit the following websites or pages dedicated to the Lesser Prairie Chicken:
Helpful information on water and water rights
- Kearny Finney County Proposed Local Enhanced Management Area (KFL)
- For up-to-date information on the status of discussions for the proposed KFL, including upcoming meetings, visit the
proposed KFL’s website.
- Kickapoo Indian Reservation Water Right (PDF)
- Water transfers
- For information regarding the current City of Hays / R9 Ranch change and water transfer application, visit the Kansas Department of Agriculture’s
Division of Water Resources website.
- Water of the U.S. (WOTUS)
- For information on current U.S. government efforts to revise the rule, as ordered by President Trump in an Executive Order dated February 28, 2017, you can visit the
- The Duarte Nursery WOTUS case in California has been settled. For more information about that case, visit the website of the Pacific Legal Foundation, who represented the Duarte Nursery in litigation.