Endangered & Threatened Species
Helpful publications on threatened and endangered species
Species specific information
- Lesser Prairie Chicken
- Monarch Butterfly
Helpful publication on pesticides
Helpful information on water and water rights
- Kearny Finney County Proposed Local Enhanced Management Area (KFL)
- For up-to-date information on the status of discussions for the proposed KFL, including upcoming meetings, visit the
proposed KFL’s website.
- Kickapoo Indian Reservation Water Right (PDF)
- Water transfers
- For information regarding the current City of Hays / R9 Ranch change and water transfer application, visit the Kansas Department of Agriculture’s
Division of Water Resources website.
- Water of the U.S. (WOTUS)
- For information on current U.S. government efforts to revise the rule, as ordered by President Trump in an Executive Order dated February 28, 2017, you can visit the
- For information about the Duarte Nursery WOTUS case in California, to which the Kansas Farm Bureau Legal Foundation has provided financial support, visit the
website of the Pacific Legal Foundation, who are the attorneys for Duarte Nursery.