Helpful publications on transportation issues in agriculture

Applicable laws

  • K.S.A. 8-1,165 One-time (permanent) trailer registration for $10.  

Other helpful websites for transportation information

  • FMCSA: Helpful information can also be found on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) website.
  • KCC: The Kansas Corporation Commission, Transportation Division, has helpful information for motor carriers on their website, including information particular to farm vehicles.
  • Truckers Against Trafficking:  To learn more about and to obtain certification under the Truckers Against Trafficking program, required by Kansas law beginning on July 1, 2018, visit the TAT website.  This training can be completed individually online either directly from the TAT website, at the Kansas Motor Carriers Association location in Topeka or at certain KDOR locations across the state.