Helpful publications on transportation issues in agriculture
- Agricultural Exemptions:
- ELD/HOS (Electronic Logging Device and Hours of Service):
- Hazardous Materials:
- Kansas Commercial Driver License Manual (PDF), prepared by the Kansas Department of Revenue. (Look to page 1-2 to help determine what type of CLD license is required. Page 174 contains agriculture CDL exemption rules, along with reciprocity agreements.)
Other helpful websites for transportation information
- FMCSA: Helpful information can also be found on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- KCC: The Kansas Corporation Commission, Transportation Division, has helpful information for motor carriers on their
website, including information particular to farm vehicles.
- Truckers Against Trafficking: To learn more about and to obtain certification under the Truckers Against Trafficking program, required by Kansas law beginning on July 1, 2018, visit the
TAT website. This training can be completed individually online either directly from the TAT website, at the Kansas Motor Carriers Association location in Topeka or at certain KDOR locations across the state.